Your Personal Connectivity And Service Assistant
Vauxhall OnStar is a new, one-of-a-kind system that features a high-speed 4G mobile network, 24/7 personal assistance, emergency response notification, stolen-vehicle tracker, smartphone connectivity and a Wifi point for up to 7 devices.
If you have an accident and can’t call for help, Vauxhall OnStar reacts instantly. The second your airbags are deployed the Automatic Crash Response system opens a direct line to a trained Vauxhall OnStar advisor, who’ll talk to you in your chosen language (even if you’re abroad) via the hands-free speakerphone.
Vauxhall OnStar sends a report to the Vauxhall Service Centre, including your location, travel direction, vehicle colour and the extent of the damage. Emergency services can then immediately head to the accident scene, if your vehicle report warrants it.
If your vehicle breaks down, Vauxhall OnStar is there, too.
If you’re in a remote area or can’t get a phone signal, press the Service button to talk to an Vauxhall OnStar advisor.
Your advisor will take down your problem and send a professional breakdown recovery team to your location.
24 Hour Assistance
If a medical emergency affects you or your passengers, Vauxhall OnStar is ready to help.
Press the SOS button for a direct line to an Vauxhall OnStar service advisor. If necessary, your advisor will send details of your exact location to the relevant emergency services, who will immediately come to your aid.
When do I need to fill up? What‘s my tyre pressure? Where did I park? Download and use the Vauxhall OnStar smartphone app to:
- Display key diagnostics (like tyre pressure, fuel and oil levels) anytime, anywhere.
- Lock and unlock your car doors remotely.
- Locate your vehicle if you can’t remember where you last parked.
- Once you’re close to your car, flash the lights and honk the horn to identify it.
- Enter your destination address into your smartphone and send it to your car‘s navigation system.
If you forget your smartphone or lock yourself out of your car, just call Vauxhall OnStar Service. Once the Vauxhall advisor has checked your security PIN, they’ll locate your car and lock it – or unlock it remotely so you can get in. Problem solved.
Vehicle diagnostics keep you up-to-date with your car’s health of so you can avoid unexpected repairs.
- If you see a warning light in the dash, press the Service button. Your OnStar advisor will assess your car remotely and tell you if you need a Vauxhall-trained mechanic.
- If you do, Vauxhall will send your nearest Vauxhall dealer’s address to your satellite navigation system.
At your request, Vauxhall OnStar can also send you a monthly email showing your car‘s oil level, tyre pressure and other data to help you stay in control.
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
If your Vauxhall is not where you parked it, OnStar can confirm if it’s been stolen – and help you get it back.
Once you report the theft to the police, your Vauxhall OnStar advisor can use the crime reference number to start searching for your car.
- Vauxhall OnStar’s GPS technology will confirm your Vauxhall’s location.
- If the thief turns off the engine, Vauxhall OnStar can deactivate the ignition, effectively immobilising your car. The police can then recover it.
Destination Downloads Straight To Your Satellite Navigation System
‘Isn’t that playground around here?’ ‘Where’s that great bar?’ ‘Which way to the beach?’ Vauxhall OnStar is always ready to help when you’re in doubt about locations, directions or destinations.
Use the Service button to contact your Vauxhall OnStar advisor. They’ll pinpoint your destination and send the address to your vehicle's navigation system. Destination Download saves time and calms nerves – for example, by helping you easily switch destination en route.
You are always in complete control of what Vauxhall OnStar can and can’t do.
- Once you’ve registered and activated Vauxhall OnStar, you can access every Vauxhall OnStar service.
- To safeguard your security, several services (including Remote Door Lock/Unlock and Stolen Vehicle Assistance) will ask for your PIN.
- To prevent Vauxhall OnStar from accessing your car’s location, press the Privacy button. Vauxhall OnStar will only override this request in an emergency.
- Vauxhall OnStar will never sell on your information. Your information will only be disclosed to OnStar, its affiliated or associated companies, retailers and companies working on behalf of Vauxhall OnStar (‘selected third parties’).
The OnStar Buttons In Your Vauxhall
To contact OnStar, press one of three buttons:
Blue for Service – this button puts you through to an OnStar advisor – and whichever service you need.
Red for SOS – this button gets you immediate help in an emergency. It gives you a priority line to an OnStar advisor who will get support to you.
Black for Privacy – if you’d prefer not to let us know where you are. This button prevents OnStar from locating your vehicle, except in an emergency (for example, if you have an accident or someone steals your car).
How Much Does OnStar Cost?
When you buy a Vauxhall with OnStar, you’ll need to register for OnStar services and then activate your free trial. After the trial finishes, the Vauxhall OnStar annual subscription will be £79 (excluding wi-fi).
OnStar Review And Demonstration
To find out more visit your nearest Pentagon Vauxhall showroom or call us on 0333 222 0424.
The OnStar Services require activation and are subject to mobile network coverage and availability. Wi-Fi Hotspot service requires account with nominated network operator. Charges apply after the free trial period. The OnStar subscription packages could be different from the services included in the free trial package. Check www.vauxhall.co.uk/onstar for terms and conditions, details of availability, coverage and charges. 4G is subject to mobile network coverage and availability. This feature is not available on all models. An embedded Vauxhall navigation unit and map data are requirements for this service. In events such as a crash or if your vehicle is stolen, OnStar can override the location masking function.
Pentagon Burton Upon Trent
Pentagon Lincoln - Vauxhall
8 Tritton Road
Sir John Robinson Way
Pentagon Oldham - Chadderton Way
Pentagon Sheffield - Parkway
Pentagon Sheffield - Savile Street
100 Savile Street